I am the mother of three boys who are all just about one year apart. You can imagine how crazy life was for me after my youngest was born and I literally had a newborn, 1 year old, and 2 year old running around. Imagine life like this for me: newborn is screaming and hungry, 1 year old is barely transitioning off the bottle and learning how to use a sippycup which so far ain’t working, and two year old is running around naked like a wild banshee and has suddenly decided he wants Cheerios for breakfast and so decides to pour himself some with some milk on the FLOOR. My husband is at work and I have no close friends or family nearby. At that moment I KNOW I need to feed and cuddle my newborn, but the temper tantrum my 1 year old is holding because he can’t figure out how to get milk from the sippycup and the mess my 2 year old made on the floor and is now spreading it everywhere is getting the best of me. Oh how I wish I could have had a helper on most days because they were oftentimes just like that!
Folks, this is how I grew my patience when they break 2 1/2 dozen eggs on my kitchen floor in case you wanted to know.
A few weeks ago, the folks at L’il Helper reached out to me in hopes I’d review their product that helps little ones hold their own bottle and Mom regain some sanity. In short, this product is amazing…I so wish I had one when my boys were very young. I think the above situation would have been made easier if I could have attached the L’il Helper to my baby’s bottle and then while keeping an eye on him remedied the sippycup and Cheerio explosion in the kitchen. I would NOT recommend this product to be used with a newborn, however I would have felt comfortable using it with my 6 week old and older children on occasion when I seriously could have used an extra set of hands. Bonding over mealtime with your babies is top priority for me, but in reality it is little devices like the L’il Helper that can become so useful when chaos hits!
About the L’il Helper:
- Matches natural nursing posture
- Encourages development
- Frees parents to multitask
- Hassle free
- Reduces fatigue
- Travels anywhere
- BPA-free, solid construction
- Easy to clean, dishwasher safe
- Perfect for growing families & twins
The L’il Helper also fits most bottle sizes and works with baby’s natural gripping reflex. I think the L’il Helper would make a GREAT baby shower gift!
The folks over at L’il Helper want to give away 2 L’il Helpers ($30 value!, $14.99 each) to one of my readers this week! Entering to win is easy, follow the directions below:
- REQUIRED: Tell me what you LIKE about the L’il Helper in the comments section below. Visit the L’il Helper website for more info.
OPTIONALLY, you may do one or more of the following and then leave a separate comment for each thing you do for extra chances to win!
- Follow L’il Helper on Facebook.
- Follow Screwed Up Texan on Facebook.
- Follow L’il Helper on Twitter.
- Follow Screwed Up Texan on Twitter.
- Tweet the following message: Moms don’t need super powers–they need L’il Helper! http://screweduptexan.com/?p=3246 $30 value #win #giveaway @screweduptexan @lilhelper_
- Share this post with a direct link to it on your own blog or Facebook wall.
- Pin this giveaway on Pinterest and tag me in the description field! Follow me HERE.
That’s IT! Giveaway ends this Friday, January 11 at 9pm CDT. Winner will be contacted by email for shipping information after verifying entries. Open to United States shipping addresses only.
Disclosure: I was provided with two L’il Helpers as compensation for this post/giveaway. All opinions and crazy stories are my own and honest. I have no idea what a wild banshee is.